Intermodellbau 2016 Dormund.

Rate this topic

Hi Lads,

I was taking to Sean Ryan about all things German and he mentioned this model show Intermodellbau, Dortmund

This happens to be on in Germany when I am in Hamburg, Anyone been to it before and any tips to take it all in would be appreciated.

cheers

George.

Edited by Georgeconna

Hi Lads,

I was taking to Sean Ryan about all things German and he mentioned this model show Intermodellbau, Dortmund

This happens to be on in Germany when I am in Hamburg, Anymore been to it before and any tips to take it all in would be appreciated.

cheers

George.

Talked to a few lads in the Midlands club who go religiously every year and they swear by it. Huge amount of trade and layouts. All about the continental outline of course, German / Swiss etc. Of course being in Hamburg you'll be close to Miniature Wonderland

• 4 weeks later...

Well just back from visiting the show last week.:tumbsup:

We were in Hamburg for a few days and got the ICE down leaving at0605 with a change in Hannover, Arrived at the show in Dortmund at 0930hrs. Saw some lovely Locos and stock during the spin down.

When we arrived my god what a shock to the System. The place was huge and the quality of Modelling was fantastic, I only saw 1 UK layout,A GWR one but there was Primarily German, Polish, East German, French and US from Z up to G and Guage one Scale in layouts.

Unbelievable amount of Traders peddling the latest DCC automation to Man Hole covers. Laser cut Card and wood seemed to be the new kid in town with some superb examples for sale.

According to the buddies Phone app we walked 9.6kms around the show area, Beside the Trains there was also indoor and outdoor RC flying, RC boat Pond, RC Cars, Tanks and Plant plus plastic and card modeling.

Despite the large number of bargains I succumbed and only purchased a Superb Laser Cut Card model in 1.72 scale of Roter San Lighthouse which is in Northern Germany. A 1.72 Merc 770 with Hitler and his buddies and a Mig-29.If I had room in the bag a RC Sea Fury would of been added to the fleet!

Knackered we were back in Hamburg at 2230hrs later that night sipping pints.

I can highly recommend this if you planning a visit to Dortmund area. 2 days would be handy and I would expect Week days are the best days to go.

We will be back next year!