New book - Irish Railway memories

Rate this topic

Robert Shrives

Hi 

Hope this not duplicating anything elsewhere, but I was in Ian Allen in Birmingham - spied and bought " Irish Railway memories 1984 - 1994 by Paul Haywood , the ISBN :9781840338195, cost all of £10.95.

Fifty page limpback, landscape format tomb, great quality colour pics of all our fav engines and railcars!  A good resource for formations and weathering during a most interesting period - fully recommended after a bit more than a flick through.

Robert

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

I purchased my copy from the IRRS stand at the Warley exhibition last weekend and can highly recommended it.

IMG_E8047.JPG

Good man, thanks for buying it from us!

We can supply it, £10.95 post free to UK, for anyone who would like one.

I'll check the postage to Euroland!

Yes, it certainly made a very positive impression - we had five with us and sold the lot!

PM me if you're interested, profits to Irish preservation.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Thanks 1

Leslie,

Hence why my Irish diesel book radar did not see the book at the NEC !  Good to know at least 5 folk  spotted a good book and like diesels -   A book reproduced this well is something rare among the current "picture books" from Ian Allen/ Crecy publishing. They could learn from it.  The current batch of not better than half page thumbnails on poor paper poorly printed in an A5 size do not cut the mustard, compared to earlier A4   limpback publications. 

Robert 

Folks

Just an update on this, as a lady in the Republic enquired after the cost to "Home".

Of course, the good 'oul Royal Mail fleece you for sending stuff to Euroland. Now that I've come round after finding out just HOW much, can I mention that I'll post this book to Euroland for €15, post paid. Profits to the RPSI.

If you're interested, I'll provide my Euro account details.

Thanks

• Like 3