New exhibition layout

Rate this topic

Dave Dawes

Morning all. I am just planning a new oo scale Irish Layout for exhibition use as well as at home.

Scenic section will be 13' long x 18" wide running into 2 return loop fiddle yards at back, it will be single line with loop to pass trains,with a station, Dcc and sound.

If you are in the Lancashire area ( I'm near Burnley) and would like to get involved please let me know.

Basic plan shown

20191213_111654~2.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Good ahead planning @Dave Dawes

Lidl have aluminium coin cases for €14.00 at the moment, though they have coin trays instead of foam but I'm sure that can be remedied......

Eoin

Edit;-

Just thinking! It may be prudent to store the locos across the case (rotate 90 deg) as this will protect the couplers and front end detail when the case is upright and in bumpy transit.

Edited by murrayec
  • Like 2

The Really Useful Box Company have various sized offerings which are pretty robust and stack nicely too. I've also used A4 box files to good effect. A bit of work with card spacers, fixed with a hot glue gun is ok even for 7mm scale wagons. Plus you can get five of them in a large supermarket heavy duty carrier bag.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Just  a little late to the party , but cases look good - on ebay you can get 00 foam trays and Warley club do a cardboard double tray box as well .

Re layout if open to thoughts - if the central bridge was a level crossing it could get a set of signature gates from SSM and surely be made motorised.

Depending on what you had in mind for region then a beet loading point possible, re the tunnel entrance  side perhaps 

http://www.rosslarerailandsea.com/rathdrum.html   might be an idea of curving and dropping line.  Of course the otherway has  short tunnel cum bridge and  straight viaduct .   Traffic wise route saw all traction types and all coach types  plus ferts, ammonia  tanks , cement bubbles  among freight.  

link to bit on here  

Robert 

3 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi Dave,

Just  a little late to the party , but cases look good - on ebay you can get 00 foam trays and Warley club do a cardboard double tray box as well .

Re layout if open to thoughts - if the central bridge was a level crossing it could get a set of signature gates from SSM and surely be made motorised.

Depending on what you had in mind for region then a beet loading point possible, re the tunnel entrance  side perhaps 

http://www.rosslarerailandsea.com/rathdrum.html   might be an idea of curving and dropping line.  Of course the otherway has  short tunnel cum bridge and  straight viaduct .   Traffic wise route saw all traction types and all coach types  plus ferts, ammonia  tanks , cement bubbles  among freight.  

link to bit on here  

Robert 

Super thanks on the thoughts