Modellers' Den model shop, Dublin

Rate this topic

murphaph

Does anybody else remember this place? I'm 41 and I have vague memories of going in there with my late father and being over the moon about getting some FS Lima thing because it had a light on the front. It was H0 as well. They had a small layout surrounded by a bubble dome in plastic and IIRC it was also a post office or sub post office. It was just off Fleet Street, perhaps Aston Place? I think as went in the front door the layout was to your immediate left and the post office to the rear wall, with the shop counter being on the right.

There's a blast from the past! I came across this place by accident, probably in the late 80's, at a time when I thought I knew all the model shops around Dublin. I seem to remember they didn't have a huge amount of railway stuff, but they did have some impressive looking radio controlled airplanes. 

Speaking of model shops in post offices. What ever happened to the model shop that could be found in the back of the post office on Berkeley Street (again, way back in the 80's)?