Some Class 66, 68 & 70 action from Kings Sutton

Rate this topic

Thanks, NIR. It took me back to 1980s Sunday Lunch Trains when you'd up to 60mph recovering from the slack at Aynho Jct - behind Scotsman, Sir Lamiel, Clan Line et al - a wonderful period for preservation steam.

Always good to see a single man drive 30 + lorry loads. " Freight is Great" to quote the musical.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike 84C said:

Thanks for posting, I would not have recognised  the place! I used to  pass through on  Halls ,Black fives etc; even went up the branch to Adderbury and Bloxham where I lived!

52 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Thanks, NIR. It took me back to 1980s Sunday Lunch Trains when you'd up to 60mph recovering from the slack at Aynho Jct - behind Scotsman, Sir Lamiel, Clan Line et al - a wonderful period for preservation steam.

Always good to see a single man drive 30 + lorry loads. " Freight is Great" to quote the musical.

I was just down in the Cotswolds for a short break and came across to Kings Sutton to see a Class 68 in action. Really nice location, quiet and lots of parking. 

• Like 1