Victoria Road

Rate this topic

airfixfan

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NIR said:

Looks like Foyle Road is the next one up on that website. Compact and urban, it has a lot going for it. A lot smaller than I remember though. I'm imagining a 1990 NIR 'what if'...

Well was working on that station today for the Disused Stations website. However if there is anyone on IRM with photos of Carrigans Porthall and St Johnston stations post your photos and/or send me a PM please?

• Like 1

This was the station many years ago that I wanted to model in 00n3, but I didn't have enough space for it, I think it works out around 20ft+ x 3ft at the widest point in 00n3.

I would like to return to this one at some stage, but I have other stations to model at the moment, If I recall there was a magazine called railway archives, i am sure it was Issue 1 vol 1 it had a a big article about Victoria Road station, I still have it some where in the mess.

This would be my main reason for taking a weekend trip to Derry to take measurements of the remaining buildings and of course to hopefully look at the 3ft stock in store as well.

Colin R

6 hours ago, airfixfan said:

The Railway Museum in Derry has been closed under the new management for the last 2 years. Victoria Road features in Railway Archive Issue number 2

All feedback on article in Disused Stations welcomed.

Thanks for the correction I knew it was an early one.

Colin