Japan Railway Journal

Rate this topic

skinner75

Hi all, for those of you with Freesat (possibly Sky too), there is a show on Fridays at 10.30am on channel NHK World called Japan Railway Journal. 

I find it interesting, as it covers many aspects of the Japanese railway - just don't expect to see much loco hauled trains! It covers the various little 'third sector' lines, as well as the main company JR East. Lots of the little companies run 'tourist trains' on their lines to generate extra revenue.

Japan is on my list of places I want to visit when things get back to some semblance of normal.

Maybe you haven't spotted this, as it is not one of the 'regular' channels, but worth setting the box to record it & give it a go I reckon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

Even though my preferred modeling era for Irish outline is 50-80s, I have always had an interest in modern high volume (civilian) aircraft and high speed train transport.

Sadly that is never going to existing in Ireland even between centre with doubled line.

Watched the episode on the Shinkansen 700S and began to wonder if I should have one of these to go with my APT-E...... oh, the temptation. Really enjoyed that. Thanks @skinner75and @snapperfor the link

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1