IRRS London area

Rate this topic

Galteemore

David, I'm glad that you enjoyed our largest ever public meeting (we had the full 100 logged in for most of the talk). The committee will be discussing whether we need a bigger Zoom licence, I have no doubt.

Yes, I liked the photo of your MGWR 2-4-0 at Bray in 1959. Fancy commuting that way! And possibly in a fairly modern coach hauled by a sixty plus year old loco. Did you notice the 121 Class in action literally days after it "got off the boat"?

For the rest of you, it's time to join, then you can enjoy IRRS talks every fortnight or so, via the Internet.

Ken Fox next month!

• Like 2

If the "C" class were as successful as these GSWR tank engines, they'd still be in traffic, Crossley engines an'all!

Imagine - today - a "Raccoon"-liveried "C" on the Nenagh branch with a two-coach Mk. 3 push-pull...........or one on the Junction shuttle or the Ballina branch........ on Cobh locals painted silver again, like a 2600?

6 hours ago, Galteemore said:

Cheers Leslie - hate to be pedantic but it was 42 on the Inchicore workman’s train I was referring to! 

67F7DA5F-E78D-4A2D-9B04-669923FCBCC5.jpeg

No. 42 is a beauty! And SLNC Coach. No. 4 was always a favourite of mine, although my one and only jaunt on the SLNCR was in Railcar "B", and a few days before I was born!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2