Jump to content
  • 0

Point Motor Switches

Rate this question



On my layout I'm ready to start fitting Seep PM1 point motors

I know that they need a three way switch but looking at different websites there are heaps of different options and I'm not sure which is the best

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to start on the point motors before the 071's are released so they won't be sitting in their boxes untill the point motors are installed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
These are the switches you need...




They are also called "sprung centre-off" switches. They can be got in Maplins but they charge an arm and a leg for them, if you're close to Mark's Models in Dublin he has them there for about €3 a pair.



I'll give Marks a ring and see if they have them in stock


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
£4.99 on eBay for 5 and 75p postage


Jayzus, that's pretty much the same. I would think you could get them in bulk for a lot cheaper....




How many do you need? Bear in mind you can use one switch to control 2 points at crossovers and you should always have one or two extra in case one fails.

Edited by irishthump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use