old pictures of surrounding antrim coastal road

Rate this question

Johannes Houtsma

Question

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Johannes Houtsma said:

near to the coastal road is a hillside. up that hill there is a road as well. I am looking for old pictures of that road around 1950. The road is called: Drumnagreagh Rd

1 (1).JPG

1 (2).JPG

Lol my wife is from near there! @LARNE CABIN may be able to help...there’s a Facebook group called ‘memories of Larne’ which may offer some help if you ask. 

On 17/3/2021 at 8:52 PM, Galteemore said:

Lol my wife is from near there! @LARNE CABIN may be able to help...there’s a Facebook group called ‘memories of Larne’ which may offer some help if you ask. 

thanks

On 18/3/2021 at 12:08 AM, LARNE CABIN said:

Hi again Johannes, I know where Drumnagreagh Road is, but I have never seen any pictures of that area. Can I be really cheeky and ask what it is you are looking for? Is it an old dwelling or maybe something to do with Cairncastle? If I find anything I'll let you know.

the thing is I am building a part of the Antrim Coast for my hobbytrain. Ofcourse the coastal route but uphill I saw this road. But I need some picture of the time around 1950-1970. How it did look there. maybe some stonewalls between the lannds or how did the road look.