Colour Rail - Black and white Northern Irish photographs

Rate this topic

I am sure many of you are familiar with the colour material of Irish railways that Colour Rail has put out over the years.

However in case anyone is unaware, they can also supply black & white photographs taken by David Forsyth in and around the Adelaide / Balmoral / Hilden / Lisburn / Portadown areas between 1961 and 1965. The thumbnails can be viewed on their website, but having purchased a number of downloads to aid my research for a layout based around Lisburn in the 1960's, I can thoroughly recommend the purchase of the downloads for their sheer quality (not apparent in the thumbnails). Some but not many have been published before, but there are some unpublished gems in there. Have a look if you're thinking of modelling the Belfast-Portadown section in the early 1960's.

• Informative 1

Sorry Jon, that's a negative. If the dates and train times quoted are all correct, Mr. Forsyth clearly had the use of a car. However a lot of the stuff is from the station platform, apart from frequent 'shed bashes' at Adelaide. He did photograph in the Knockmore area, but not apparently at the actual junction.