Guest hidden-agenda

End of the road.

With Varadkar deciding to withhold the subvention for CIE with the EU privatisation was always on the cards. Lets hope we handle it better than GB did.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so serious what they've done this side of the water, we're paying more index linked in subsidies to private companies to 'run' the railways than we ever did when the railways were publicly owned - Far be it from me to suggest that funny handshakes and fat brown envelopes have been exchanged.

Nicely put Robert, I used to work on good old British Railways. It saddens me when I think of all those men put out of work and a road network ram jammed full of traffic. Still its OK because its made quite a few higher management into multi millionaires. Now off soapbox! Mike

Guest hidden-agenda

Regardless of how its organised if it is allowed ( political interference ) it will be interesting to see 5 years after the event if freight is exploited and the enterprise still running behind the Dart and if the fares are so expensive every one owns a donkey and cart .