JM Design September 2021 update

Rate this topic

Mayner

Little positive news to report this month as a result of a combination of Covid restriction here in New Zealand and continuing difficulty obtaining components and parts from suppliers in Europe and the Far East.

RTR Wagons

Brake Vans:

I am currently focusing on completing current orders of 23580 Light Grey and 23544 Brown 20 T Goods Brake vans for potential delivery late 2021.

We were unable to progress the models as planned following our August update as all our local suppliers were closed as a result of Covid restrictions.

Other existing and planned wagon projects:

We are currently unable to progress other existing and planned projects as our preferred 3D print suppliers and print bureau are closed as a result of on-going Covid restrictions in Auckland

52 Class Locomotive kits:  The majority of kits have now been delivered to customers with some very positive feedback.

CIE 4w Van kits:  I am unable to provide an estimated dispatch date at this stage for these kits as I am currently awaiting components and parts to arrive from suppliers.

• Like 1
  • Informative 4

Funnily enough supplies have began to trickle through from the UK, a package arrived this afternoon with an IOSS logo on the declaration.

629627713_IMG_1912-Copy.thumb.jpg.ea38e6a0bf532e9683e7c9c22ccc2606.jpg

All international parcels are now cleared using electronic customs declarations transmitted by the sending postal authority rather than a person reading the label on the box.

It looks like the Royal Mail system is capable of transmitting IOSS data to EU postal authorities. 

13 hours ago, murphaph said:

Why would a parcel destined for somewhere not in the EU have an IOSS logo on it I wonder? 

Its possible there is an IOSS logo on all Royal Mail international postal labels regardless of destination.

It looks like the Royal Mail is treating IOSS as an opportunity to make money as opposed to a problem.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/international/guide/delivered-duties-paid-ioss