Bullied corrugated open wagons

Rate this topic

meathdane

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to point me towards someone/where selling either RTR, Printed bodies or even possibly a kit (dependant of quality and ease of construction) of bullied corrugated open wagons. Ideally with NEM pockets to fit Kadee couplers, as I'm in the beginning phases of transitioning to kadees so it would be a help, but will consider anything, looking for 2 or 3 price dependant!

Please and Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Dane

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

18 minutes ago, meathdane said:

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to point me towards someone/where selling either RTR, Printed bodies or even possibly a kit (dependant of quality and ease of construction) of bullied corrugated open wagons. Ideally with NEM pockets to fit Kadee couplers, as I'm in the beginning phases of transitioning to kadees so it would be a help, but will consider anything, looking for 2 or 3 price dependant!

Please and Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Dane

Provincial wagons make a fantastic kit.  To make the Definitive bulleid wagon 

There is also a fella on adverts that custom makes much more rudimentary bulleid wagons in rtr

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Provincial wagons make a fantastic kit.  To make the Definitive bulleid wagon 

There is also a fella on adverts that custom makes much more rudimentary bulleid wagons in rtr

Thanks West! 

Can you point me to a contact point for Provincial? I've tried googling provincial wagons, and a website comes up, however its a generic wordpress-esque site with no products listed http://provincialwagons.com/welcome-screen

I've bought stuff off him, Millipede is the user, lovely gentleman, however, Everything he makes has the large 'D' TLC, which I'm trying to avoid at all costs! but hes in the back of my mind if all else fails!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meathdane said:

Thanks West! 

Can you point me to a contact point for Provincial? I've tried googling provincial wagons, and a website comes up, however its a generic wordpress-esque site with no products listed http://provincialwagons.com/welcome-screen

I've bought stuff off him, Millipede is the user, lovely gentleman, however, Everything he makes has the large 'D' TLC, which I'm trying to avoid at all costs! but hes in the back of my mind if all else fails!

@leslie10646 announced that the website was going down earlier this year. But if you drop him a PM he should be able to sort you out.

I have also ordered from millipede. As it happens it was those bulleid wagons I got from him. There a good model for somone of “my skill”. The one thing I will fault is not having a PayPal set up. I hate having to send cash in the post as many have had bad experiences there

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RobertRoche said:

@leslie10646 is the man behind Provincial Wagons, he will help you out and is active here. His website does not appear to be working at the moment.

Much Appreciated Robert! Ill get in contact with him later this evening/tomorrow

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

@leslie10646 announced that the website was going down earlier this year. But if you drop him a PM he should be able to sort you out.

Perfect, thanks a million lads!

• Like 1

Hi Meathdane

Apologies for the state of the website, I've got other things on my plate at the moment.

The Bulleid Corrugated Wagon kit is my best seller - over 350 of them out there, including very fine ones built by my two pals above! (the Brown Envelopes are in the post, Lads).

If you'll e-mail me at

lesliemcallister@aol.com

I'll invoice you for as many as you want!

Regards

Leslie

• Like 3

3 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Hi Meathdane

Apologies for the state of the website, I've got other things on my plate at the moment.

The Bulleid Corrugated Wagon kit is my best seller - over 350 of them out there, including very fine ones built by my two pals above! (the Brown Envelopes are in the post, Lads).

If you'll e-mail me at

lesliemcallister@aol.com

I'll invoice you for as many as you want!

Regards

Leslie

I don't know if I should say it's a pleasure to meet you or not, my wallet has a funny tingling about it because I've seen what can be done with your kits. Guess the only thing to do is try them myself! 

Wish me luck!

Sending you an email now Leslie!

• Like 4

On 6/1/2022 at 5:23 PM, meathdane said:

Hi all,

Please and Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Dane

There are no RTR suppliers, three options, first is provincial wagons resin kit (PW) which results in an excellent result if a bit fiddly to build, the second option is Dapol RTR chassis with a shapeways 3D body shell put on them. I've gone both routes. The latter is quick and easy to do with good running characteristics albeit not really scale models of the original bulleid wagons but almost RTR like. The former while involves more work, ends up with wagons that really look the part. 3rd option was IFM (Irish Freight Models) RTR wagon (don't know if Tom still sells these).

Provincial Wagons kit is very good.

PW_Bulleid_kit2.thumb.jpg.fca0c33c04b8c7e7c531a70d839fdd99.jpg

Shapeways 3D corrugated bodies on Dapol RTR Chassis look good from 2ft but up close are not like the bullied chassis.

IMG_4380.thumb.jpg.596729f305664f829c141c408cc192df.jpg

But they don't look bad in a train formation and relatively inexpensive compared to the kits for a whole rake

IMG_6470.thumb.jpg.83bb0dee885841979f05d672030bfb10.jpg

The Provincial wagon kit when decorated looks like the real thing. Greater accuracy and more details, rivets, etc. But I wasn't impressed having to shape crude staples to fabricate door restrainers.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.ef58f0f2a4057d026db4baa58013ec08.jpg

3 alternatives left to right: Irish Freight Models RTR corrugated open wagon 3D, Provincial wagons Bulleid open wagon kit used for beet and general merchandise, Shapeways 3D body shell on top of Dapol RTR Chassis.

IMG_5704_2.thumb.jpg.1a5f85c59d5c97c5ce97fc6fadcbdc28.jpg

Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

There are no RTR suppliers, three options, first is provincial wagons resin kit (PW) which results in an excellent result if a bit fiddly to build, the second option is Dapol RTR chassis with a shapeways 3D body shell put on them. I've gone both routes. The latter is quick and easy to do with good running characteristics albeit not really scale models of the original bulleid wagons but almost RTR like. The former while involves more work, ends up with wagons that really look the part. 3rd option was IFM (Irish Freight Models) RTR wagon (don't know if Tom still sells these).

Provincial Wagons kit is very good.

PW_Bulleid_kit2.thumb.jpg.fca0c33c04b8c7e7c531a70d839fdd99.jpg

Shapeways 3D corrugated bodies on Dapol RTR Chassis look good from 2ft but up close are not like the bullied chassis.

IMG_4380.thumb.jpg.596729f305664f829c141c408cc192df.jpg

But they don't look bad in a train formation and relatively inexpensive compared to the kits for a whole rake

IMG_6470.thumb.jpg.83bb0dee885841979f05d672030bfb10.jpg

The Provincial wagon kit when decorated looks like the real thing. Greater accuracy and more details, rivets, etc. But I wasn't impressed having to shape crude staples to fabricate door restrainers.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.ef58f0f2a4057d026db4baa58013ec08.jpg

3 alternatives left to right: Irish Freight Models RTR corrugated open wagon 3D, Provincial wagons Bulleid open wagon kit used for beet and general merchandise, Shapeways 3D body shell on top of Dapol RTR Chassis.

IMG_5704_2.thumb.jpg.1a5f85c59d5c97c5ce97fc6fadcbdc28.jpg

Hope this helps

Hi Noel, 

Great advice as always! I'm currently waiting for Leslie to invoice me for 2 kits, they do seem to be the preferred kit of most modellers here, they seem pretty straightforward to build, albeit with a few fiddly parts involved as you have said, but do seem to have the best finish overall, this is my first attempt at anything even approaching what some would call prototypical, and wagon building in general. If all goes well, it will be the beginning of me transitioning from resprayed generic UK stock to proper Irish models, so hopefully all goes to plan!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meathdane said:

Hi Noel, 

Great advice as always! I'm currently waiting for Leslie to invoice me for 2 kits, they do seem to be the preferred kit of most modellers here, they seem pretty straightforward to build, albeit with a few fiddly parts involved as you have said, but do seem to have the best finish overall, this is my first attempt at anything even approaching what some would call prototypical, and wagon building in general. If all goes well, it will be the beginning of me transitioning from resprayed generic UK stock to proper Irish models, so hopefully all goes to plan!

You'll find the kits straight forward, once you build the first one, you'll fly through the rest.

• Like 1