Palvans

Rate this topic

StevieB

8 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Nice!

They're actually already in their initial livery! (OK, very slightly lighter in real life...)...

Most never had any other livery, but maybe some 40% of them ended up brown after 1970, for their last few years.

They look alright without painting I suppose. indeed I was thinking was it going to be the lighter grey or the later brown livery. Probobly fair to say weathering can bring that light brown to that colour 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

They look alright without painting I suppose. indeed I was thinking was it going to be the lighter grey or the later brown livery. Probobly fair to say weathering can bring that light brown to that colour 

On a railway, much of what we call "weathering" was, in the past, brake dust from brake blocks. Hence the brownish colour of "weathered" rolling stock in photos. I have seen many a photo of a wagon which we would know to be grey, but with a brownish look at least to chassis and maybe ends; a note for the more artistic amongst us!

Edited by jhb171achill

5 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

The wagons? Almost all are Provincial Wagons (“H” vans, timber GNR vans, cattle trucks & Bullied opens, plus 2 ex-GSWR guards vans).

One JM Design CIE goods brake (another on the way).

Several bought wooden opens (Hornby, Bachmann or whatever).

One kit bashed van.

4 x KMCE old style vans (DSER origin) of 3 different types. (3 awaiting wheels).

2 x SSM whitemetal convertibles of MGWR origin & 1 x whitemetal GSWR open.

Sorry, meant Stevie's Palvans