Seeking NIR 111 information plate close ups

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I'm in contact with Steve at Railtec at the moment about producing new transfers for the 111s. The current sheet is out of production and was missing some details anyway so Steve is going to kindly update the artwork. I've been able to provide him with suitable images of the Murphy Models 111s but there are three plates on these locos it seems, the builder's plate, which is probably the generic GM one and can be found online, the FUEL one, which is probably doable without an actual photo but there's also that instruction plate under the handbrake wheel. Does anyone have a pic of that, preferably including the wheel itself for scale?

Cheers

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Hi all,

the builder's plate, which is probably the generic GM one and can be found online

It will be this style, seen it on (8)113 but yet to see a photo of 111/2 carrying them, model pics yes but not the prototypes. Same was fitted to the 071's when new

Locomotive Builders Plate - General Motors, Electro-Motive Division,  Illinois, USA, 1969

The handbrake wheel info will be the same as the 071, so out with the magnifying glass maybe. AFAIK they have not been upgraded to the bicycle wheel fitted to the 071's either

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi No pic but a quick thought will Steve be doing the orange/ red/yellow panels as  part of this ?   I have an older MIR resin kit to play with and was just being lazy !!

Robert   

I can ask him if he would consider doing the panels as a transfer Robert.

If anyone has a pic of the text under the 071 brake it would be great if it's the same plate.