CIE 30 Ton Brake Van

Rate this topic

Thameslink

35 minutes ago, Fiacra said:

Was looking out the window of my house here in Oughterard (Co. Galway) a minute ago and, quite unexpectedly, saw a brake van on the back of truck pass by! Presumably on its way out to the crew at Maam Cross?

Do we have any confirmed roster for Maam Cross or will it be all said on a later date?

17 minutes ago, Branchline121 said:

Do we have any confirmed roster for Maam Cross or will it be all said on a later date?

I think only a tight group know what there actually getting 

We know there getting a former CSE Ruston, a bulleid wagon, a 30 tonne brakevan (presumably also Ex-Halfway vintage club as there one has been missing for years)it may also mean the GSR 6 wheel coach the halfway vintage club had could also being going there even though twas in bad shape last time I saw it move …all these peices are EX GSRPS 

@Fiacra did the brake van look anything like this one here

572D5EDF-C21E-42B8-BFB4-87A4F04A5D90.jpeg.850aef8fab3b7ddb525ccf307f5a8939.jpegE7AA1EBE-5AD9-433E-9F31-A1C3AE8358C4.jpeg.221a4a1cede1c10a178198404f724f86.jpegD2CDDFF1-15FB-44B4-9601-E8EFEA6D74D3.jpeg.1f3cdd64e849775874cc4d7856d79a33.jpeg

certain items the RPSI don’t use will be going there, these I shan’t disclose but they all make sense

They will also be receiving stuff from IE. I won’t disclose what but I think you can guess what it is 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fiacra said:

Only caught a quick glance as I went running to find my camera (but not quickly enough) - certainly similar to that though.

Regardless it’s probobly out by maam cross anyway (which is still a small trip from where you are anyway) twill probobly be fairly easy to spot 

I wonder is it restored fully?

could have also been a something else I am think off….did it have any tint of yellow?

Edited by Westcorkrailway

46 minutes ago, Mike Beckett said:

MaamX are getting the other plough van and the hoppers Downpatrick didn’t get.

The plough van looks a bit like ours, only a bit… scorched. So not flully restored. The photo is ours, arriving yesterday.

12FBED1D-25B7-4B43-AF92-A78F1368EC62.jpeg

Possibly the “30 tonne van” that fiacra saw 

just seen it land on maam cross on Facebook so it has to be 

32 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Possibly the “30 tonne van” that fiacra saw 

just seen it land on maam cross on Facebook so it has to be 

It’s definitely it. I’ve got the full load schedule for the rail moves RSS are doing this fortnight, DCDR got the first delivery and MaamX gets the next ones. Two hoppers to follow tomorrow I think. Then… secrets.

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1