best type of paint

Rate this question

derek

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Derek, and welcome to the forum. I find Humbrol Acrylic paints excellent. They now come in 'dropper' bottles which means there is little waste. You can put out a few drops unto a jam jar lid or the like and it's amazing how far it will go. Dropping a few different colours makes it easy to mix colours for slight variations. There's is a great range of colours, and a range of greys for walls and bridges etc. I have also used lots of Hataka Acrylic and it is also excellent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, derek said:

thanks for that. Humbrol seems to be the way to go. those droppers sound good.   for the varnish question, ronseal high gloss varnish builds up quickly and can be got in a 750 ml pot. ( i,m a joiner by trade) . 

Excellent, Derek, many thanks for that. Off to Woodies DIY, then!

Edited by jhb171achill

On 12/9/2022 at 11:29 PM, jhb171achill said:

I would also ask a question - what's the best type of varnish to be used for rivers, streams and puddles, which looks realistic enough and can be had in suitably small quantities for layout - I don't need a five gallon drum full of the stuff.

Dealz sell small tins of yacht varnish that is surprisingly good.

• Like 1