Capacitor/Stay alive question

Rate this topic

trainboy

Hi Brendan,

Happened to my one too, Changed the CV's on it, worked for a bit and it now has gone back to not working again. 

TBH given it is 6 Wheel pick ups the Stay alive is not really needed once your track is clean.

This was the advise from a FB page:

"The CV value for 113  was 0, Strange as I had not done any programming on this at all. Anyway set it to 127 and it works again"

No one from IRM chanced to pop onto my initial query to comment either and yes these were IRM supplied Decoders so I wonder is this a fleet issue? Happened to my Deltic too.

Hope the abocve helps

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:54 PM, Georgeconna said:

Hi Brendan,

Happened to my one too, Changed the CV's on it, worked for a bit and it now has gone back to not working again. 

TBH given it is 6 Wheel pick ups the Stay alive is not really needed once your track is clean.

This was the advise from a FB page:

"The CV value for 113  was 0, Strange as I had not done any programming on this at all. Anyway set it to 127 and it works again"

No one from IRM chanced to pop onto my initial query to comment either and yes these were IRM supplied Decoders so I wonder is this a fleet issue? Happened to my Deltic too.

Hope the abocve helps

Not one we’ve seen reported tho we have seen voltage spikes with some controllers cause partial resets. a Chip reset or stay alive switch on again will always resolve. 

We’re working with ESU to add more over voltage protection on the pcb for future runs. 

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Not one we’ve seen reported tho we have seen voltage spikes with some controllers cause partial resets. a Chip reset or stay alive switch on again will always resolve. 

We’re working with ESU to add more over voltage protection on the pcb for future runs. 

Future runs of...

071's?

GSR800's?

Arrows 'n' Sparrows?