Zoom talk on West Cork railways by author Chris Larkin, Tues 25th April @ 8pm

Rate this topic

Niles

Chris Larkin (author of West Cork Railways, Birth, Beauty and Betrayal) is joining us on Zoom on Tuesday, Apr 25, 2023 08:00 PM, for a talk on the railways of West Cork. 

Meeting ID: 304 026 3673

One tap mobile
+35361639031,,3040263673# Ireland
+35312408941,,3040263673# Ireland
Dial by your location
+353 6 163 9031 Ireland
+353 1 240 8941 Ireland
+353 1 536 9320 Ireland
+353 1 653 3895 Ireland
+353 1 653 3897 Ireland
+353 1 653 3898 Ireland
Meeting ID: 304 026 3673
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kZF472fpc
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Signal Post said:

Watched this talk on zoom, very interesting and enjoyable. Thanks Niles for posting the link here, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

It went well into the night….Chris could talk for Ireland purely based on west cork knowledge. I didn’t think the 20 slides I had taken photos directly from the projector would be enough…between myself, Tom Ryan and Chris. We had a decent history of the west cork covered!!!

also on good news is I finnally have a back up Chris Larkin presentation that isint on a 1950s slide projectors! 

I speak with bias but I had great fun anyway

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

It went well into the night….Chris could talk for Ireland purely based on west cork knowledge. I didn’t think the 20 slides I had taken photos directly from the projector would be enough…between myself, Tom Ryan and Chris. We had a decent history of the west cork covered!!!

also on good news is I finnally have a back up Chris Larkin presentation that isint on a 1950s slide projectors! 

I speak with bias but I had great fun anyway

Great show from Chris and that @Westcorkrailway fella assisting him. Lots of interesting insights (from a railway, human and even dog and cat point of view!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niles said:

Great show from Chris and that @Westcorkrailway fella assisting him. Lots of interesting insights (from a railway, human and even dog and cat point of view!).

It was a treat for me too because I didn’t know those macroom colour slides existed until an hour before kick off!

not to mention after the zoom I actually got one of those dog tickets with the name of the dog on the back 😁

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

It was a treat for me too because I didn’t know those macroom colour slides existed until an hour before kick off!

not to mention after the zoom I actually got one of those dog tickets with the name of the dog on the back 😁

I often don't know that I'm going to give an update on something until David announces that I am. 😁

The 071 KitKat was a nice twist too

• Funny 1