Swedish Thunderbolt

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

I remember having a basic Airfix one of those when I was a kid.

Thought it was a good idea to use the top oven as a 'hanger' - unfortunately, it hadn't cooled down enough, and one of the wings got a bit 'melty'...😆

Ouch! Reminds me a a friend who is far from thick though it would be an idea to put a model in a hot oven to make the paint dry quicker. it did not end well.

The Airfix one was the prototype as well, Never the in Service jobs and I made that years back. 

• Funny 1

• 5 months later...

How did you find special hobby George?

I have an ms 406 in the stash that seems pretty basic but like the look of their fouga in Austrian markings( 4 of them ended up with our air corps, the other two being the embargoed aircraft destined for Katanga ironically)

On 31/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, MOGUL said:

How did you find special hobby George?

I have an ms 406 in the stash that seems pretty basic but like the look of their fouga in Austrian markings( 4 of them ended up with our air corps, the other two being the embargoed aircraft destined for Katanga ironically)

Only saw this now. Not a bad kit, Looking at it I thought it would be a nightmare due to the breakdown of the parts but as bit of time and care it turned out a lot better then I had reckoned. This kit was a product from 2019 so modern enough tooling and the 406 is from 2005!!!