Whiterock

Rate this topic

Darius43

The Middlemark layout that I am building with a friend of mine in his large garden shed has hit an indefinite hiatus.

As a result I have decided to start building my own layout at home using the baseboards that came with the Middlemark helix. 

Whiterock_01.jpeg.3b7112a21b0115e061de8bc069455221.jpeg

IMG_0693.thumb.jpeg.bb00b88870f3f2ced274d4e85ec67c5f.jpeg

Four boards clip together to form a layout 1.6m (5.3’) long by 1.27m (4.2’) wide.  Reasonable for a roundy roundy and small enough to fit on the dining room table.

I already have a layout plan:-

Whiterock_Track_Plan.thumb.jpeg.1cc958a214f76d2ea3cc4228a60608e1.jpeg

I plan to use expanded polystyrene sheets to elevate the track level above the baseboard so as to enable the creation of embankments/cuttings, whilst keeping things light.

The trackbed will comprise 2mm thick plywood glued to the expanded polystyrene base with a layer of cork on top.  Removable lengths of ballasted track will cover the joints between the boards.

The layout will be built to be dismantled  into the four separate boards, which can be stacked vertically on a moveable rack (yet to be built) when not in use.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Due to space constraints at home, I find modular railway concepts very interesting - I'll be following along this build with interest. 

Given how fast you produce rolling stock, I expect that you'll probably have this done by the end of the weekend???? 😀😀😀

This ^^^^^

I'm convinced that you are in prison, solitary confinement possibly, infinite time and resources so that you you can put us all to shame with your progress.🤭

Fair dues lad, I'm hooked already 

• Funny 4