Rialto's Bench

Rate this topic

Rialto

• 2 months later...

16652785_1279658098787824_1359835640_n.jpg

Many thanks for all your help Gentlemen. Here are a few photos of the build as it stands at the moment. I still have a few bits to do. Put on the transfers, a coat of matt varnish ant the finishing painting touches. I am waiting on a drill bit to arrive before I put on the handrails at the doors. I still need to source suitable buffers, any help in finding these would be very much appreciated? I have been looking but its hard to tell which ones are suitable. Any other comments also wanted, thanks again.

Leo

16522343_1279658102121157_860001776_o.jpg

Can't thank you enough guys for the help. I will be sure to get photos up when it's finished, but it could be some time away. I am moving on to the weed-spray tanks and containers now. Using SSM detail kits on the Dapol tanks, and will be chopping a couple of 40' containers down to 20' on Dapol chassis. then there is the spray wagon itself, I have an old BR coach I might use, but haven't looked at it in any detail yet. I love the site and all the information and help you guys share.

Many Thanks,

Leo

Hi StevieB. I had an old Lima 'Carlsberg' wagon that I had in the end of a box. The length was almost perfect so I was able to leave the whole chassis in one piece and changed the wheels for metal ones. the buffers on it were small square stubby ones, so I cut them off to be replaced. I used thin white vinyl strips as the weld lines on the coach itself, and the sky-lights / vents on the roof are the brass window frames that come with the SSM break van kit. I just used a can of paint from a car shop to paint it. The photo is poor, I will get some in day light that might show it better.