Dragging a TGV

Rate this topic

Very nice video Patrick. I do like the CC72000s. A whiff of BR class 56 off them sound wise, hope they're more reliable.

On the subject of TGV drags there was of course this one to and from St. Pancras back in March featuring a postal TGV.

[video=youtube;Kkybt1JXE-o]

This TGV was being transferred to a new depot and had to travel via an unelectrified line. A CC72000 class loco got the job of hauling it...

[video=youtube_share;F6KiKXTh_14]

Looks like somewhere in western France. The line out to St-Malo wasn't electrified for a long time and there were often diesel-hauled TGVs from Paris to there.

Looks like somewhere in western France. The line out to St-Malo wasn't electrified for a long time and there were often diesel-hauled TGVs from Paris to there.

It's in the Île-de-France region, not all that far away from Paris.

Speaking of which... I'll be getting some French loco-hauled action this week when I travel from Paris to Clermont-Ferrand. It's usually a Sybic that's in charge of the trains on this route. For years, the train departed from Gare de Lyon, but last year switched to Bercy. It's not as grand, but the route out of Paris now involves travelling by some marshalling yards, normally with long lines of decommissioned locos occupying some of the roads and some 'locotracteurs' pottering about.

Edited by Garfield

Nice! Have to say I love the En Voyage livery... it especially suits the BB67000s. Any time I travel behind a Sybic, though, it's always one in the old béton colours. I'm not complaining, though! :)

Meant to say... one of the things I miss about not getting Clermont-Ferrand trains from Gare de Lyon anymore is that Bercy doesn't have station pilots - the train reverses into the platform. At Gare de Lyon they have older electrics that bring the coaches in, the loco in charge of the service hooks up, and the pilot waits until the train has departed before whirring off to its next duty. A nice opportunity to see some older motive power...

Wait! To the trains to Clermont Ferrand go from Bercy now? Last time I was there (about two years ago) the only trains that ran from Bercy were the corail interictés and the Palatino to Rome and the Venice train. I love the Beton livery myself... I go to Nice every august and most of the long-distance night trains are either pulled by Sybics or 22200s... I did see a Sybic double heading once which was brilliant!

Wait! To the trains to Clermont Ferrand go from Bercy now? Last time I was there (about two years ago) the only trains that ran from Bercy were the corail interictés and the Palatino to Rome and the Venice train. I love the Beton livery myself... I go to Nice every august and most of the long-distance night trains are either pulled by Sybics or 22200s... I did see a Sybic double heading once which was brilliant!

Yep, I think it was originally meant to be a temporary arrangement last year when there were some track upgrades taking place in the Paris area, but its still the case now. Bercy is a LOT quieter... no TGVs

About Corail... all long range services are under the 'Intercités' banner now. 'Téoz' was scrapped a short while ago.

Yep, I think it was originally meant to be a temporary arrangement last year when there were some track upgrades taking place in the Paris area, but its still the case now. Bercy is a LOT quieter... no TGVs

About Corail... all long range services are under the 'Intercités' banner now. 'Téoz' was scrapped a short while ago.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Never realised that!

yeah, I remember there was a 13.30 train that always left Nice Ville for Bordeaux and I always went to see it... :(

I'm sure a lot of coaches will carry the vinyls for a while longer. SNCF aren't exactly quick at repainting their stock! Sure there's still lots of blue diesels zooming around the place... that's like having locos here still wearing the Supertrain livery or NIR maroon!

I'm sure a lot of coaches will carry the vinyls for a while longer. SNCF aren't exactly quick at repainting their stock! Sure there's still lots of blue diesels zooming around the place... that's like having locos here still wearing the Supertrain livery or NIR maroon!

Well I suppose when you have such a big fleet it's a lot harder to get all of it repainted :) I suppose that's why the vast majority of the sybics are still wearing beton livery; there's over 200 of them to paint! We Irish get it easy with our small fleets!

I could be wrong Vincent, but didn't Marklin produce a Sybic in H0 some years ago.

Rich,

Yep. I got a second-hand one in a Berlin model shop a few years ago for only 90 euro :) it's a pity I never got round to running it.. I might sell it now...