Mark Found - The garden railway

Rate this topic

Chevron

Yep - great series! I love the visits to other garden railways, including the legendary Bob Symes' home.

I picked up The Garden Railway Manual book by C J Freezer (http://www.bookdepository.com/Garden-Railway-Manual-CJ-Freezer/9781852604653), and have plans to get something going in the garden in the next couple of years. Currently halfway through a block workshop build - hope to get that completed this summer.

Yep - great series! I love the visits to other garden railways, including the legendary Bob Symes' home.

I picked up The Garden Railway Manual book by C J Freezer (http://www.bookdepository.com/Garden-Railway-Manual-CJ-Freezer/9781852604653), and have plans to get something going in the garden in the next couple of years. Currently halfway through a block workshop build - hope to get that completed this summer.

What gauge/scale will you be working in for your garden?

one issue i found today with 00 was the wind blows over wagons easy if they give a gust.

So many derailments over that today. had me running up and down the garden to try catch the trailing of rails wagons before entering a tunnel lol.

but today has been quite a gusty day.

Really enjoyed that. Not all the way through yet but more tonight. Not really into garden railways (they don't mix well with hurricanes;)) but a lot of the principles would be useful constructing indoors as you said

Im out of work sick so iv had plenty of "TV" time watch 15 episodes or so in a 2-3 days.

Hurricanes would make you want to have ruby slippers the wagons are that light f or that wind lol.

But even the "Simple" Wooden bridge he made himself with his A frames and add ons can for sure be brought inside.

I have just finished the discovery channel series -
and found it VERY interesting.

Although it was in a larger scale a lot of it can apply to 00 Gauge.

I'm sure you guys have seen it

what did you think ?

Does any one know of anything else like this?

What parts did you like?

cant imagine a garden railway in achill.. iv been there many a time and its not the best of weather lol