NIR route map book (2008) / Book on LMS published in 1933

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

I'm offering the following....

1. NIR route map, 2008. Unrealistic to post - can leave it in Lisburn if I'm north, or meet to hand it over to you in Dublin. No charge.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now look at the next pic, of which this is but one of many examples in this manual. What health and safety Gestapo goon gets paid for wasting paper like this? Doubtless they will justify it in a board meeting in corporate-speak as what they're doing "going forward", or "leveraging"...... Rant over.... Up to a point.......seriously.......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next post, no. 2 the LMS book.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jhb171achill

Rant calmed down now, as this 1933 publication is more sensible. I'm waiting for my 2018 working timetable, which will contain a hefty supplement on how people with nut allergies should approach the complicated issue of being properly certified to turn its pages on their own. While wearing steel capped boots and day glo underwear, of course.

Anyway, the following is a fascinating book in good condition. Things like this go for €25-50 depending on the weather; I'll take €10. Again, given its weight it would be expensive to post.

Here beginneth the first lesson:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18173[/ATTACH]

The are the same when standing on your head. As true as I sit here, check it out yourself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18178[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18180[/ATTACH]

You'll notice how well ahead the LMS were in 1933. They were already publishing the single most comprehensive timetable that ever operated between Limerick and Waterford between 1950 and the present.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18181[/ATTACH]

Edited by jhb171achill

Nelson, it's yours. I thought of you, actually, when I posted this.

The NIR book has also been claimed, by the way.

Nelson - email me separately as I've other LMS stuff you might be interested in, and possibly a few LNER luggage labels. I'll need to make arrangements on how to get the book to you.

• 7 years later...
On 12/3/2015 at 12:49 AM, jhb171achill said:

I'm offering the following....

1. NIR route map, 2008. Unrealistic to post - can leave it in Lisburn if I'm north, or meet to hand it over to you in Dublin. No charge.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now look at the next pic, of which this is but one of many examples in this manual. What health and safety Gestapo goon gets paid for wasting paper like this? Doubtless they will justify it in a board meeting in corporate-speak as what they're doing "going forward", or "leveraging"...... Rant over.... Up to a point.......seriously.......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next post, no. 2 the LMS book.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi is the NIR Route Book still available? Hightly doubt since this post is from 2015 but perhaps luck'll be on my side.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2015 at 12:12 PM, jhb171achill said:

The NIR book has also been claimed, by the way.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, OdhranM17 said:

Hi is the NIR Route Book still available? Hightly doubt since this post is from 2015 but perhaps luck'll be on my side.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, jhb171achill said:

I’ll have a look, Odhran - I’m not sure. If I find it I’ll ping you privately. I suspect it’s gone, though.

Jonathan, just look back one post LOL 🙄