Liveries

Rate this topic

StevieB

Those delightful MM models of the 141/181 class come in four liveries, and the nice thing is that they overlap time wise such that you can have B/T's running alongside S/T examples, etc. Did MM consider this fact when choosing the numbers e.g. can B/T 141 have run alongside S/T 142, etc? The livery I particular like is S/T with the IR logo.

The same applied to the Cravens with some in S/T livery carrying a white stripe at waist level.

Many thanks.

Stephen

. . . The livery I particular like is S/T with the IR logo.

Hi Stephen

Did you mean this one below with the IR logo (which was an Irish Rail livery with tippex white stripes), or the ST at the bottom?

Noel

mm0143_2.jpg

MM0182-LN_3092440_Qty1_1.jpg

I'm a B&T fan myself but like all of the liveries, especially the IR tippex livery with the IR points logo. MM0182 was my first ever MM loco which I discovered completely by accident because I had been out of the hobby for 15 years, but a chance visit to the Fry museum in Malahide introduced me to these models which restarted the hobby for me.

Course, to complicate matters further, a number of locos received the IR logo over the CIE livery without getting tippex'd at the same time. Some may even have had a CIE broken wheel on the front and IR on the side but don't quote me on that

Course, to complicate matters further, a number of locos received the IR logo over the CIE livery without getting tippex'd at the same time. Some may even have had a CIE broken wheel on the front and IR on the side but don't quote me on that

That's likely to have been an interim arrangement (just stick on a new logo until the next repaint) I would have thought