Tmd/ssm mgwr "e" / gsr j26 / cie 551 0-6-0t

Rate this topic

Horsetan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are photos of 552 in that condition, working the Kilmessan-Athboy branch.

I'm building my one as 552, i used cut down pieces of the garden shed sides for the higher coping and scrap brass for the back. I better get back to building it..

Edited by GSR 800

Are you going 21mm gauge as well?

No Mate, not at this stage anyway. Might venture into it in the future, but at the moment I just don't have the skill(or patience!)

If I ever do, you will be the first to be notified!

Edited by GSR 800

• 2 weeks later...
I've elected to use the nickel silver frames, but they're not exactly friendly for what I have in mind...

I didn't know what the spacer bars were until it was too late, so I went through a lot more hardship than I needed too. Are you using compensation? They wouldn't be easy for that.

I didn't know what the spacer bars were until it was too late, so I went through a lot more hardship than I needed too. Are you using compensation? They wouldn't be easy for that.

I want to use Continuous Spring Beam suspension, which is meant to allow all axles to float, and is the same system that I'm using on the "S" class. The J26 frames have to be modified for this.

Here are some examples

Edited by Horsetan