Model power alco rs-2 2060

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Its probably better to look out for a used Atlas, Walthers or Bachmann Spectrum loco. The Model Power RS2 is based on quite old tooling, the chassis and running may not be up to current standards.

The Model Power RS2 was originally introduced in the 1960s manufactured for AHM and Mehano in Yugoslavia. I used a few of their N gauge locos. Best described as disposable locos, the only advantage was that the models were cheap even when compared to Bachmann and Lifelike. I don't know if running quality improved when Mantua took over production.

http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/ahmhoscalelocomotives/id31.html

Its probably better to look out for a used Atlas, Walthers or Bachmann Spectrum loco. The Model Power RS2 is based on quite old tooling, the chassis and running may not be up to current standards.

The Model Power RS2 was originally introduced in the 1960s manufactured for AHM and Mehano in Yugoslavia. I used a few of their N gauge locos. Best described as disposable locos, the only advantage was that the models were cheap even when compared to Bachmann and Lifelike. I don't know if running quality improved when Mantua took over production.

http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/ahmhoscalelocomotives/id31.html

Hi John & thanks, WOW, thankfully my knowledge & value of these & any American models is too say the least nothing short of ignorance, glad I didn't dare encourage anyone to buy this !!!!!!!