Bord na Mona Andrew Barclay 0-4-0WT in 009

Rate this topic

irishrail201

Hi All,

I am a novice to modelling anything, I have a large stash of 00 gauge bits. However I have always had an interest in narrow gauge railways particularly the Tralee and Dingle. I also volunteer on the Stradbally Woodland and Cavan & Leitrim Railways, along with being a co-ordinator for the Avonside "Nancy" Restoration Project.

I recently purchased a minitrains boehler 0-4-0WT and sent it away to be customised by James Hilton (available on Google) into one of the Andrew Barclay 0-4-0WT locos, the results are astonishing! I'm tempted to go and form a small BNM outline layout with a few turf wagons. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have just sent away two partially built Chivers Tralee and Dingle Hunlset loco's to be modified and detailed for me, will update you when they return.

DSC_1526.JPG

FullSizeRender-739377.jpg

FullSizeRender-741498.jpg

FullSizeRender-743870.jpg

• Like 8

Lovely little loco!

I’d love to see a steam BnM layout; I could never get those tractors!

Your model is very similar to a BnM one. Imagine all three!

Livery wise, all the above needs is a repaint into a very much darker olivey-shaded green - very dark indeed. Lining was a single yellow line and the number was a small shaded gold transfer. I am not 100% on this, but I think that originally the buffer beams might have been black rather than red.

Edited by jhb171achill

The attached is (C) William Ford taken at Cushina Works

The green in the photo I've taken is on a poor quality phone camera, in reality it is quite dark and is Andrew Barclay green and although missing some of the lining below I am very happy with it.

W. ford.jpg

Edited by irishrail201

• 3 months later...
On 10/14/2018 at 12:04 AM, irishrail201 said:

I'm tempted to go and form a small BNM outline layout with a few turf wagons. Any suggestions would be welcome. 

;) with the bockety never level all over he place BNM tracks, getting 0+4+0 model engines to run over them could be difficult, mind you some of my track laying is very like its BNM inspired, and thats OO guage

11373694795_07a5a9ff76_b.jpgMapio.net

mapio.nethelpfulengineer.com Irish-bog-perimeter-railway.png

photo c/o www.deviantart.com

Image result for bordnamona train tracks]