Rate this question

tonybonneyba

Question

I have a MM Class 201 DCC & DCC Sound Ready, I also have a Hornby TTS Class 67 sound chip which has a speaker attached.... you see where this is going?

If one wanted to "plug in" the 67 sound chip to th 201 (which already has a speaker), how would one do this?

Thx in advance!

Side note: i'm not going to buy a MM CL201soundchip, its too dare at the moment for me....

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, tonybonneyba said:

Ah, but the TTS chip has built on speaker 😔

It would just be a matter of soldering the tts chip to the speaker. But the tts decoders are 8 pin so you’d need an adapter to fit it into the 21 pin socket. And then you would still lose some of the lighting functions.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 1:19 AM, irishthump said:

It would just be a matter of soldering the tts chip to the speaker. But the tts decoders are 8 pin so you’d need an adapter to fit it into the 21 pin socket. And then you would still lose some of the lighting functions.

Ahh, sounds easy enough. I don't mind lossing cab lights.... pointless for my shunting layout anyways.

17 hours ago, BosKonay said:

You’ll need to desolder the wired speaker too. Also be sure the onboard is 8ohm a super the TTS only work with 8ohm speakers. 

Theres enough room in the 201 for the TTS speaker, maybe i should keep that one instead? :/

4 hours ago, tonybonneyba said:

Ahh, sounds easy enough. I don't mind lossing cab lights.... pointless for my shunting layout anyways.

Theres enough room in the 201 for the TTS speaker, maybe i should keep that one instead? :/

Just bear in mind you'll lose the cab lights and probably headlights at one end. From what I've read the TTS decoders only have 3 functions.

Yeah you could use the TTS speaker once it fits in the shell. The factory installed one isn't great anyway.

• Like 1