Slaters slated roof plasticard

Rate this question

GNRi1959

Question

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Yes, the plain part, is glued under the slate part; remember to offset the slates as per this photo. Start at the lower part of the roof and work your way up.

Ernie

DSC04344.JPG

Would you have a photo of a shed, house or something that that has this on it  by any chance, TIA

Yes I have used it on many buildings over the years. This photo is of a model of the Highland Goods shed at Tain built in the 1980's 4mm scale (The previous colour scan is of some 7mm scale slates I had lying around)

The Slaters plastikard  slates are technically over thick but your eyes play tricks and they look acceptable. A fairly heavy paper slate would probably be more to scale but I prefer the plastikard.

Ernie

img903.jpg

• Informative 1

12 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Yes I have used it on many buildings over the years. This photo is of a model of the Highland Goods shed at Tain built in the 1980's 4mm scale (The previous colour scan is of some 7mm scale slates I had lying around)

The Slaters plastikard  slates are technically over thick but your eyes play tricks and they look acceptable. A fairly heavy paper slate would probably be more to scale but I prefer the plastikard.

Ernie

img903.jpg

Back in 1990 when I built the model of Omagh General Station I cut hundreds of light card slates and laid them individually. It took days to do but well worth it. On this built there are just too many.