HORNBY IRISH RAIL HYMEC + 3 COACHES

Rate this topic

burnthebox

I'm not surprised that nobody replied to this thread. When I saw the pictures I wanted to get sick. It reminded me of a low point in so called RTR CIE models. Wonder if anyone will be mad enough to buy them? It's a good reminder for those of you too young to remember the pre-Murphy Models & IRM/Accurascale era.

54 minutes ago, connollystn said:

I'm not surprised that nobody replied to this thread. When I saw the pictures I wanted to get sick. It reminded me of a low point in so called RTR CIE models. Wonder if anyone will be mad enough to buy them? It's a good reminder for those of you too young to remember the pre-Murphy Models & IRM/Accurascale era.

I too have a Hornby Hymek horror Slainte Express trainset which was pretty awful even for its time mid 1970s. I used mine as donor bodies to learn how to use an airbrush as they were too hideous to ever run on the layout, but I appreciate there are some 'collectors' who like collecting historic stuff (junk). But the price is staggering for such utter junk. I also have a box full of Lima CIE B&T livery mk1s from the mid 70s which are pretty awful too but not as bad the the Hornby dayglo orange mk2a coaches. Good enough as paper weights but not tolerated on the layout, not even on scrap line sidings.

PS: The CIE broken wheel logo is paper stick on!!! Ughh

Edited by Noel