Cavan & Leitrim 4-4-0 loco 7mm plans

Rate this topic

PorkyP

Afternoon lads.....only just joined here, and apologies if I ask what's already been asked a thousand times before, or put it in the wrong place!

Anyway, I'm trying to find some plans or diagrams to build a C&L 4-4-0 ( a Robt Stephenson co engine, one of 8 ordered by C&L) I'm looking at doing it in 7mm scale, seeing as I've got to scratch build it anyway!    I've got a very simple basic drawing by J Emslie from a 50s mag, but was wondering if anyone had anything a bit more detailed / dimensioned ?

Has anyone else here built one in the past ? I'd be very interested to see what others have done and how they went about it.....

Hello! Sorry can’t help on this one, although others here will know. I’ve had a look at the Alphagraphix catalogue, which includes a number of coloured card kits which make very useful drawings for scratchbuilders. Unfortunately he only has a Schull and Skibbereen steam loco available - with lots of  railcars though from Clare and Donegal.

Funny you mention Alphagraphix, as I've just posted another question about their card building kits, I've ordered a Ballyconnell station !... I ordered this from ebay rather than their catalogue, (which I don't have) as I understand it they do a few Irish wagon kits but in card ! As you say handy to use as templates I suppose, doubtless some have made decent models out of them..there's some clever fellas out there.!!

Hi PP

The 7mm Narrow Gauge Association Book No. 6 has Mr Emslie's- side elevation, back n front drawings (no plan) in 7mm scale, there are axle ctr dimensions given only- but the drawings could be scaled!

Diarmuid Byrne of Wierpark Books had a copy of this booklet at the last Stillorgan Show, you can catch him in Fairyhouse Market tomorrow, and he's on facebook......

Eoin

• Informative 1

Cheers Eoin,  thanks for the heads up...

I've in fact (kind of ) already ordered that book from the 7mm nga , tho I'm still awaitn' them to get back to me to confirm, I believe it contains a bit of other nice Irish stuff too, they seem to have a bit of a funny system when it comes to simply purchasing a book !!

• Like 1