T & D Hunslett 2-6-0 locos view from above..

Rate this topic

PorkyP

I'm looking for a decent view from overhead or at least a good high angle view point, on the  2-6-0 T&D Hunslett locos, I've scoured through many, many photos in books I've acquired and on line, there seems to be a shortage, ( ie none usable! ) and unclear tantilising glimpses...you'd think someone would have snapped one from the footbridge at Ballinamore in their C&L days!.... I'm wanting some good modelling detail as to what's going on in that area of the loco.  I've got a rather basic white metal 7mm Slimrails kit of one (in bits) but looks a bit like they've done some guessing, and there's no clues as to pipework and stuff !

I'm planning ultimately a 10mm model ( currently doing cardboard mock ups mentioned in another thread ) so will need some good detail at that size.. If anyone has any shots that'd be grand !

Have you tried the IRRS or HMRS? Not sure where you’re located to physically go and check out some of these collections...may also be worth seeing if anyone’s monitoring the Blennerville website as the loco they have in store will probably be close enough.... 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Thanks 1

For feck's sake!...all the way back from the USA running again, then back to a hulk, seriously..

I looked at the T&D preservation society or whatever it is, they seem to be seeking volunteers/ donations, so I'm guessing somewhere in the pipeline is the notion of getting it all up and running again... I'll email em and see if I can get any intel...

• Like 1

Councillors = ar$eholes....no doubt theyve got some agenda in place that'll end up with the whole thing being deliberately trashed then the ground sold off cheap, developed, whatever, and profit made...

Not much point contacting them then...

• Like 2