Donegal Railcars No 9 and 10

Rate this topic

Colin R

Hi guys a new search for details about the original railcars No 9 and 10 which where converted buse bodies,  if I can find enough information worsley works has said he would have a go at the etches so we could end up with a part kit,  so please check all your photos and lets see what we can come up with, if you happen to know someone who is the king of GNR buses please ask them what they might know about them

All information will be gratefully received.

Regards

Colin Rainsbury

Link deleted for clarity as it's not the correct Railcar Colin's looking for 

unless it's this which looks like a bus but actually they sort of all do on the CDRJC

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/6180277095/in/photolist-aqbeh5-aq8x4D-2fLCaGz-aqbbt9-aq8vtR-aq8ubH-aqbdi1-aq8vBZ-aq8vQB-aq8vSV-aq8uvx-aq8vmt-aq8x6a-aqbd8q-23Mzmxm-aq8uUx-aqbbJ1-aq8vJX-aq8wKk-aq8wg8

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

Hi Colin R

Drawings for no. 10 are featured in 'The County Donegal Railway Companion' by Roger Crombleholme, ISBN 1-85780-205-5, including some detailed photos.

Also the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association's drawing book no. 6 has drawings for no. 10, ISBN 0 9513300 0 4.

Unfortunately nothing on no. 9

Eoin

Edited by murrayec

14 hours ago, PorkyP said:

I think that's ex CVR articulated railcar that was re named no10 when moved to Donegal in the 40s, I've got a couple more pics of that in a book I can photograph if required, but I suspect you might mean an earlier railcar bearing same number?

Hi yes it was the earlier one that  I am after details for

1 hour ago, PorkyP said:

If it is the ex CVR Donegal no10 you want I've got 7mm scale drawings btw..

Thanks I have the drawings in David Lloyds book modelling the Irish Narrow Gauge, the early pair are providing a bit elusive in finding any details, the only thing that has come to light is the comment they where similar of railcar No 4