Sealink

Rate this question

hydey

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Hydey, you can buy MK1 Sealink coaches on eBay. Some are very expensive, but there are a few reasonably priced ones on there at the moment! However, I expect you are talking about Irish coaches and the only coaches that carried the Sealink livery in Ireland was the 70 Class set (72, 725 and 701), painted in Sealink livery in 1983, to promote the link from Larne to Stranraer, BR painting a set of MK1 coaches in the same livery. Worsley Works produce the etched brass sides for the 70 Class Set, but the build would be time consuming and I reckon expensive!  The livery would be hard to apply, but I think it was just about the nicest livery on Irish coaches. I am looking into all this myself as a part of my Larne Harbour project, and building the Class 70 set would be a very long term project for me. There are a few experts on this forum who have built 70 Class Sets, and hopefully they could give you some idea of time and cost. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hydey said:

Cheers warb 

280 pounds or 320 Euro is a lot of money when I would b thinking of donnor coaches which would work out cheaper

It is indeed a crazy price for those.

However, even then the design of those carriages is nothing like the one train set here that ran in that livery. OK for a "fantasy" layout - I don't know what level of accuracy you would prefer to go for - but as suggested above a kit-build would be needed for total accuracy.

Maybe one or two of those coaches might pop up on fleabay individually some other time?