A little mystery

Rate this topic

David Holman

Thanks to Mayner of this parish, for telling me about 'The Steam Age in Ireland', by The Lord O'Neill no less.

Several copies on Amazon and ordered the cheapest at just £15 - half the original. Arrived today, in very good condition and on opening it, found not one, but two signatures inside. Found myself wondering who they might belong to and given the extraordinary knowledge displayed on this forum, thought it might be worth a punt. The longer caption reads something like, 'Dear Prof Gatcoulis (?). Thanks for being such an inspirational mentor. I've learned so much medicine and more working with you. Dated September 2006.

The book is an absolute treat by the way.

IMG_20191113_211301060.jpg

IMG_20191113_211210653.jpg

IMG_20191113_211317891.jpg

The book was probably a gift to Nicolai Gatsoulis an endoscopic GI surgeon based in Corfu who was on faculty at the 15th Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons held in Boston, MA in 2006. The gifter may be Mark Clemson a surgeon based at University of Nebraska who co-authored scientific research with the former ...

just a wild guess, like