BREAKING NEWS! Enterprise Express held up at Portadown Jct

Rate this topic

leslie10646

BREAKING NEWS! Enterprise Express held up at Portadown Jct

To allow  CIE test train coming off the Cavan line to take precedence.

Actually, it's old news, as it happened yesterday (news carries slowly).  CIE was testing its new 20ft container skeleton (ultra light) to see how it ran in loaded conditions. Rather than risk tearing up a valuable mainline if there was a derailment, they used the old line through Inny Jct. Having just taken over the GNR, the new management didn't worry about an express taking Northerners home from a day's shopping in the Capital.

Apologies for the vile video - the clicks aren't my brilliant rail joints - it's the SLR auto exposure doing its nut.

Oh and DON'T look at the layout - I run trains, I don't do scenery!

Full explanation later - this will do for today!

• Like 11

Hi MM

No.184 is built from a SSM kit indeed.

I bought her to resell, but having seen her and run her, I think she's here to stay until I am called to account ........

POrtadown got a lot of Gaelic specials from the Midlands in the 1950s, so it must have been a Sunday (?)

• Thanks 1

Hi Leslie 

I have just relised that Harry Byrnes model of 184 has no flying snail and had a modified chassis. All though I don't model GNRI(MGWR is what I model) there engines and stock are lovely so of I ever get any of my idea going Cavan rail station in OO would be nice.Love the layout and the VA class pure GNRI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, Midland Man said:

Hi Leslie 

I have just relised that Harry Byrnes model of 184 has no flying snail and had a modified chassis. All though I don't model GNRI(MGWR is what I model) there engines and stock are lovely so of I ever get any of my idea going Cavan rail station in OO would be nice.Love the layout and the VA class pure GNRI

Not every grey tender ended up with a “snail”, MM - some didn’t have anything, including the last two engines ever painted grey as late as 1962. Most did, though.

• Like 1