Advice needed

Rate this topic

ICE.de

Hi All,

I am not sure if I am here on the right place and thought before getting activee to ask for your opinion and advice:

I have a good stock of H0 items which I want to sell. Mainly German modells from Fleischmann, Roco etc., but also a lot of tracks, digital staff, accessories and building modells. Due to a change of circumstances I intend to sell everything, but I am not sure where to do it best here in Ireland. Of course Ebay is coming first into my mind, but I am not sure how popular Ebay is here. Perhpas there are better places, e.g. this forum or on exebitions.

What do you think?

Thanks for any advice

Hi there,

You can always list it in our ‘for sale’ section of our website, it’s free after all! You just have to list prices for each item.

There are also Facebook groups for selling, traders here who buy stock to sell on, or even model railway clubs can be contacted when this blows over.

hope that helps!

German stuff 

German stuff can be vey cheap to very expensive in price. If you want to get you a lot of money sell everything sepredly at a show or something but on eBay due to shipping sell it in large parts. If you have Marklin stuff that can be sold sepredly as the can cost up to 600 Euros of in good nic. I have two German engines from about 1950 both in good nic . Although I have never run the due to the fact that I cannot find a controller for them on eBay or on Germany I would clean the with a fiber glass pen every once and a while and also give or get them a service with modeling oil as they will be worthless if you can't run them

Hi ICE.de. It's hard to know what continental models are selling for. As suggested, you could list the items on here together with how much you want to see what response you get. Retailers, such as Rails of Sheffield, will buy your whole collection but, as they have to sell them on at a profit I'm not sure how good of a price you'll get. The other way to sell them is on an auction website, such as Ebay, and in lots as some of the items maybe sought after and someone might buy a lot just to get the one item they want. There's a website called 'jagermodelspoor.nl' who sell second hand models and should give you a good idea of what price you should be looking for.