Goods train - Golden ERA

Rate this topic

Noel

There were over 14,000 2 axle goods wagon at the peak of CIE goods traffic on Irelands rail network. These loose coupled largely unbaraked wagons, rapidly disappeared from the mid 1970s when replaced by containerisation, pallet loads, uniform bulk loads such as cement, gypsum, fertiliser, beet, etc. The golden era of mixed wagon formations carrying goods to every major town in Ireland has fabulous model layout operating potential, marshalling, shunting, etc. Some stills at the beginning of the clip of recent workbench projects.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Edo said:

Jaysis -  Leslie will be delighted!

Looks Fantastic Noel - more power to your Elbow!

Leslie IS delighted! Now, where can I show 28 GNR wagons behind steam, without showing up my lack of scenery?

Great job Noel - the corrugated open is a work of art and You've reminded me just how much the addition of the GUARD makes to a brake van (also a work of art!).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Leslie IS delighted! Now, where can I show 28 GNR wagons behind steam, without showing up my lack of scenery?

Great job Noel - the corrugated open is a work of art and You've reminded me just how much the addition of the GUARD makes to a brake van (also a work of art!).

I've a load of provincial wagon kits in the build queue, so hopefully will be able to video a rake of PW only wagons underway once they are completed.