Weed spray van

Rate this topic

PJR

1 hour ago, burnthebox said:

Well guys, having said that, which one is best suited for the IRM Weed Train...!  And if ordering from SF do you have to specify exactly which one you would prefer, & is the year in any way relevant. !
BTB

Hi Paul. SF's next batch is not due until August or September. You could try Chris Dyer who may have stock. They only have one version of the BR Mk1 weed spray van (see the pic below). This version is the correct one to run with the IRM weed tanker wagons. Personally I'd prefer the older laminate coach weed spray van running with 20ft tanker wagons as its closer to my era. The older weed spray coach looks more like a converted bogie parcel van than a passenger van (see pic at bottom of page).

SilverfoxWeedSprayVan.jpg

Earlier CIE era weed spray train using 20ft rather than 42ft flat wagons for the chemical tankers combined with the 2 PW vans and 2 20ft container wagons.

22.jpg

The IRM set could be adapted by removing the tankers from the 42ft and placing them on 20ft container flat wagons

3036550_cdbe1a71.jpg

Edited by Noel
typo lexdysia
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 3:02 PM, burnthebox said:

Well guys, having said that, which one is best suited for the IRM Weed Train...!  And if ordering from SF do you have to specify exactly which one you would prefer, & is the year in any way relevant. !
BTB

From the mail I got back from SF, you will have to wait for the run in the summer, and there is only one option available, which would be the latest/modern van, which would go with the IRM pack