Weed spray van

Rate this topic

PJR

1 hour ago, PJR said:

Hi Lads

As I have now ordered the set from IRM I now need to start making a weed spray van . I looking for a drawing /sizes or some info on this model if anyone can help out so I can scratch build Thanks in advance

May be of some help to you....

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_9906.JPG

• Like 5
  • Informative 2

Hi  PH Designs do a set as does Bill Bedford/ Mousa models for the GSV so a case of adaption. I asked about price from PHD as currently out of stock but artwork ok for more.  I have Bills for one suitable for 3173 - ex BCK but not sure if he does one for 3178- ex BSK.   As a possible short cut via a Bachmann BSK I came across these in Ebay land .   www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-Fillers-for-Bachmann-OO-scale-Mk1-Coach-conversions  these are 3D print blanks - I added a fine smear of filler and sanded back before fitting should be able to cut 5 and 10 thou plasticard for roof fill in panel and new window for location of the grill    and following the recipe for cut and shunt on the forum. 

Robert 

Just ordered some B5 bogies from Southern pride and as gone back to finish outstanding on  my GSV plie (2) and of course I had some in the bottom of another box !  

Did the Bredin van wotk much with the bogie wagons - lots of vid footage with the 4 wheel mounted tanks  so a good use of  the Provincal wagons kits or a 3D print version perhaps. 

Robert    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, popeye said:

I would prefer to do the older Bredin van.

I was thinking this could be something Mayner could consider? :D

Same here. The mkI version is too late for me. I'm going to have to somehow get the Bredin one.

44 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Just ordered some B5 bogies from Southern pride and as gone back to finish outstanding on  my GSV plie (2) and of course I had some in the bottom of another box !  

Did the Bredin van wotk much with the bogie wagons - lots of vid footage with the 4 wheel mounted tanks  so a good use of  the Provincal wagons kits or a 3D print version perhaps. 

Robert    

I bought the Weedspray train to strip the tanks and container off and place them on the 20' 4w flats that I'm sure IRM will release in a higher quality RTR model some day 😉

The 42' flats will be hauling containers!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good news. Silverfox have released an updated version of their weed spray van which seems to be a significant improvement on the original. Laser cut with flush glazing. Should go well with the new IRM weed spray wagon pack. Completes the circle.

Photo below of the RTR version, before weathering and after a light weathering.

SilverfoxWeedSprayVan.jpg

This one will be migrating for the winter to its new home.

IMG_8370.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, scahalane said:

I ordered the SilverFox kit version and the cast is fairly clean, but that looks very different to mine, are you sure its Silverfox?

Yes quite sure, I saw it come out of the silverfox box. Its not mine, btw. I understand they've switched to laser cut plastic for these hence the glazing improvement. A birdie tells me they may be doing refreshes of some of their other products. A rising tide lifts all boats big and small. That tide was created by Patrick Murphy and the following full moon spring tide by IRM. I have one on order myself.

PS: They haven't updated the photo on their web site.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

It's definitely Silver Fox alright, now touched by the Hand of Noel, and slowly migrating a few thousand km south.

Spoke with Chris of silver Fox and he told me that they used laser-cut mylar for the sides, allowing the flush glazing.

From the photos, it's a world above previous versions...

Probably another consequence of Paddy Murphy and the IRM lads raising the bar for what is considered normal nowadays!

3 hours ago, scahalane said:

This is the kit I got from Silverfox last week. Its very different from yours..no flush glazing and added door details etc. It looks like they're producing two versions or am I going mad!

WEED1.jpg

That one has the more typical chunky resin look to it, but the door hinges and handles are a nice touch!

6 hours ago, Noel said:

Question for those in the know: Did the weed spray van have a generator on board to power the pump, agitators and run the CCTV cameras? Also any form of heating?

Noel, yes there is a generator in the weedspray van. Whether or not it is the same one as was in it originally, I'm not sure. Not sure either about heating. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice surprise in the post this morning from IRM's Accurascale fulfilment centre in the UK. In the queue now for the weathering bay and kadee's. A bit modern for me, and yes . . . Yellow!  :) But I could not let an example of these excellent Irish produced models escape the collection. Really like the colouring on the 21ft container. These loads could also be adapted to easily fit and run on 20ft container flats for the earlier style laminate coach van spray train.  That reminds me the patio needs its final pre-christmas weed spray. :)  

IMG_8447.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Nice surprise in the post this morning from IRM's Accurascale fulfilment centre in the UK. In the queue now for the weathering bay and kadee's. A bit modern for me, and yes . . . Yellow!  :) But I could not let an example of these excellent Irish produced models escape the collection. Really like the colouring on the 21ft container. These loads could also be adapted to easily fit and run on 20ft container flats for the earlier style laminate coach van spray train.  That reminds me the patio needs its final pre-christmas weed spray. :)  

IMG_8447.jpg

They'll look fabulous behind that grey 071!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SCAHALNE  SAID
“ This is the kit I got from Silverfox last week. Its very different from yours..no flush glazing and added door details etc. It looks like they're producing two versions or am I going mad! “

Hi guys, any chance of a comparison photo of these two coaches, 

TIA

BTB

Edited by burnthebox
Txt

9 hours ago, burnthebox said:

SCAHALNE  SAID
“ This is the kit I got from Silverfox last week. Its very different from yours..no flush glazing and added door details etc. It looks like they're producing two versions or am I going mad! “

Hi guys, any chance of a comparison photo of these two coaches, 

TIA

BTB

Hi Paul. Hope these photos help.

This photo below seems of the older version before they upgraded the production. The lower photo is of later version which seems a significant upgrade with flush glazing and finer body panels. 

SF weed van - original version

786524211_Screenshot2021-01-08at09_20_37.thumb.png.c9e598389525ba5561bcd2b222e2cff8.png

This below is a photo of the most recent RTR version I received just before Christmas (photos before and after weathering)

SF weed van upgraded RTR version

SilverfoxWeedSprayVan.thumb.jpg.1203c6efc4c4a7b573574cb3df963ba5.jpg

It looks like the most recent version is laser cut.

• Like 1

Mail I received in November regarding a RTR Weed Van from Silver Fox:

"We are next planning on making a batch of Weed Vans in our August-October 2021 production schedule.

If you wish to have a Weed Van included in this production batch, please email back to confirm and please provide your delivery address for our records.

No deposit is required, as payment is only requested on completion of work.

Many Thanks

Chris - Silver Fox Models"

• Like 2

On 13/11/2020 at 2:56 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

DJ Dangerous said, 
   “but the door hinges and handles are a nice touch “

Well guys, having said that, which one is best suited for the IRM Weed Train...!  And if ordering from SF do you have to specify exactly which one you would prefer, & is the year in any way relevant. !
BTB

Edited by burnthebox