WANTED ** CIE Autoballast Wagons ** WANTED

Rate this topic

RonanOC

8 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So two of those packs would form a reeeeeaaaaalllly short rake, or you'd have a long rake and a load of generators to sell on...

More or less. The generator could be modified with a bit of work to form a standard, but should you really have to mess about with a RTR wagon like that? There is also the option of respraying some Railtrack standards, which you can then use to build up a rake. 

• Like 1

The packs were commissioned by Marks Models as Bachmann were doing a run of the UK version. It was (and is) Marks Models intention, I believe, to commission extra packs without generators to complete the rake but it is dependant on Bachmann doing another run. I had asked about these only the other week as like many here would love to complete a prototypical rake.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

Thanks for the info, Wexy. I have a feeling that somebody posted here on the forum, saying that Bachmann no longer do external commissions for anybody else.

I also remember reading that since the Bachmann autoballasters are just UK repaints, there are several inaccuracies, as the Irish models have different chutes and different covers, something along those lines.

Time for IRM to step up and get the correct ones out there to go with those gorgeous Spoil wagons!

Very true, Jason, fiddling with RTR models kind of defeats the point.

DC, these are from this century, why do you have an interest??? 😝

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, DiveController said:

@DJ Dangerous Kinda like Noel having a flippin’ MkIV rake, I must have had a extra bottle of wine that morning with my toast.
Truth is that over time my interest has expanded to an earlier modeling timeframe but I still have full set of 141/181s and most 071s including the IE livery

Just kidding, DC.

The Irish market is very small compared to others, so focussing on a specific timeframe may cause headaches.

I, too, have collected a few locos and coaches from the pre-historic era, and a few from the SuperTrain transition from pre-history to the dawn of IR and IE civilization.

With the likes of IRM and PM putting so much at risk to produce these models, it seems almost obligatory to support them, no matter the era.

Hopefully, the OP benefits from the extra publicity of having their thread hijacked and finds those autoballasters!

Sorry, @RonanOC

• Like 2

On 17/10/2020 at 3:04 AM, Wexford70 said:

The packs were commissioned by Marks Models as Bachmann were doing a run of the UK version. It was (and is) Marks Models intention, I believe, to commission extra packs without generators to complete the rake but it is dependant on Bachmann doing another run.

A run of standards by Marks even without generator would probably satisfy most people and might even bring some generator 'extras' back onto the secondary market but the thought that Bachmann may not do the commission is disappointing.

@DJ Dangerous I have some things (not quite my era) in support of  IRM; ballast wagons, IR and IE ploughs, weedsprayer set and two turn of the millennium Rail Link buses though I'd prefer to some oldies from CIE days