electra graphics news

Rate this topic

Robert Shrives

Adam has advised that the malnourished Intercity will be redone shortly.

Range covers a control car and suburban variants  long with catering and genny - which will need some work on a donor of course .    Suited best to vehicles with black roof or need to paint donor - but at least its one colour and easily done.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post on this forum so, firstly, many thanks for adding me.

Thank you to Robert for the mention. I have been doing some improvements to the Mk3 coaches since that picture was taken  - please see the attachments. The Inter-City logo has been beefed up with the orange darkened slightly. Not having seen these coaches in the flesh, so to speak, I am reliant on pictures but this feels right.

The air-conditioned Mk2s are also on the drawing board in Inter-City and Galway colours. I have made a few tweaks to the artwork for the composite coach to fit the Airfix/Hornby Mk2D.

IR Coaches.jpg

• Like 9

Without wanting to criticise what seems to be a solution to producing the Irish version of the Mk3 coach, but should the door at the kitchen end of the restaurant car not be a standard 'slam door', not a 'plug door' as in the picture above. Certainly all the photos I have seen of Mk3 restaurant cars show a 'slam door' at that end, and a 'plug door' at the other.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dhu Varren said:

Without wanting to criticise what seems to be a solution to producing the Irish version of the Mk3 coach, but should the door at the kitchen end of the restaurant car not be a standard 'slam door', not a 'plug door' as in the picture above. Certainly all the photos I have seen of Mk3 restaurant cars show a 'slam door' at that end, and a 'plug door' at the other.  

Yeah, you are right. There certainly was a ' slam door ' at that end of the coach.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Davies at N-Train and myself are collaborating on a new venture in N Gauge - The NIR Class 450 "Castle" DEMU

Having just released the BR Class 210 in N Gauge, it seemed a logical next step to keep the theme running with the 450. I need to start researching the liveries and small details. If there is a good resource for things like underframe details, roof bits, etc I be most grateful.

The kit will consist of 3D printed bodies, floorpans and vinyl overlays for the sides and cabs. Power can be supplied by a Greenmax or Tomix chassis, with bogies from Graham Farish.

• Like 3