Jump to content

JasonB

Members
  • Posts

    1,539
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by JasonB

  1. I'm aware of this, I've used powders numerous times. I prefer to seal powders if I can. They tend to smudge when handling the model.
  2. The first layer of static grass has now been applied to the embankment which is close to 17ft in length. I wasn't quite sure what to do with this corner for a long time. It's awkward where it's located and sits in no mans land. After trying a couple of things I decided to settle on the idea of a small scrapyard. On the station side of the layout, two more embankments have been constructed. The gap between both is where the road bridge will eventually sit.
  3. I looked at a number of photographs before I started working on these (as I always do) and there are plenty images which show the wagons without the grey streaking. Saying that, I did apply grey weathering powders to the sides of some of my wagons to replicate the build up of dust and streaks but I wasn't happy with how the matt varnish reacted with the powders, so this was airbrushed over. I might revisit this and try a different technique, or then again, I might not.
  4. Tara Mines wagons with weathering applied.
  5. 102 seen shunting the Ballast wagons.
  6. New arrival today. Packed with lots of fantastic details and the sound is just awesome.
  7. Tidy work, Chris. It's progressing nicely.
  8. Super stuff. The farm in particular really stands out for me.
  9. Very impressive, and really enjoyable to watch. Great work on the storage sidings underneath too.
  10. Fantastic stuff. Really captures the look of a damp autumn evening.
  11. A couple of new arrivals from Derek Farrelly today. The detail and finish on these models is absolutely stunning.
  12. Brilliant stuff. This is really starting to take shape now. I'm looking forward to watching this progress.
  13. The last section of track is now going down in the goods yard. Once this is tested and fixed in place, I'll then begin wiring everything under the boards.
  14. I've finally finished the last of my containers. BELL 40' with weathering applied.
  15. There were a few expletives when I noticed it earlier. It's a pain because it was on the curve. Anyway, fixed now. It's not the end of the world, it's only a model railway. There are way more important things in life.
  16. Note to self: When the temperature hits the mid 20's Do not leave the shed door open for your track to bake in direct sunlight... Repairs now underway.
  17. They do when they're being paid double time.
  18. The small cutting in the embankment has now been detailed. ESB call by after a reported fault at the substation.
  19. Agreed, it would certainly add to the scene. I did consider doing that when I fixed the wall down first but changed my mind. I still have alot of scenic work to finish on the enbabankment which will eventually cover that area along the perimeter wall.
  20. I changed some small things by painting the ledges and doors. Blinds were also added to help with individuality. I have some more bits and pieces to add to the back gardens and I also need to place some vehicles in the driveways. Moving from left to right, each property is set back 15mm from its neighbour. It's subtle, but works well in that corner and looks more realistic in my opinion.
  21. Some steady progress made on the residential area.
  22. Cheers, Noel. I've alot of wagons out of service at the moment, mainly because they're sitting on my workbench partially weathered. I'm hoping to get them back running soon.
  23. 036 seen stabled on the empty cement as 054 passes light engine.
  24. 209 passes through Petersbridge station with the Belfast-Dublin morning service.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use