Flying Scotsman.

Rate this topic

Northman

It is Warbonnet,both of them are and as you say excellent runners.:tumbsup:

My next loco,hopefully,will be the Standard Class 8 'Duke of Gloucester'

Have the Duke and their P2 on order. Two of my all time favourite steam locos. Can't wait for them

A pic of my Galtee More with smoke defelctors and GN coal rail tender. An absolute bargain of only €99.00 from Seamus Grahams. Great value!

003.JPG

Indeed a bargain.My two Scotsman were £85 green and £115 black.Galtee More is a nice name for a loco.Where does the name come from?Sounds very familiar.

Jeez Northman they were great prices. Well done on getting them!

A lot of Gresley's locos were named after famous race horses and Galtee More is no exception. Then there is the Galtymore mountain in Tip. I liked the name as there was a famous Irish dancehall in Cricklewood in North London called the Galtee More. Famous amongst the Irish in London for many generations until it closed a few years ago. I did have a bit of a mad night or two in it when I lived there.

I just remembered where I heard the name,it was in a song played by Hugo,'I Met Her In The Galtee More':tumbsup:

Rails of Sheffield had the green one on ebay at £99.50 ono,I offered them £85 and got it.The other one came from TrainModels.net £115 posted.

Edited by Northman

Jeez Northman they were great prices. Well done on getting them!

A lot of Gresley's locos were named after famous race horses and Galtee More is no exception. Then there is the Galtymore mountain in Tip. I liked the name as there was a famous Irish dancehall in Cricklewood in North London called the Galtee More. Famous amongst the Irish in London for many generations until it closed a few years ago. I did have a bit of a mad night or two in it when I lived there.

My God Fran that brings back memories, the Galtee More, Did you ever end up in the National in Kilburn.

Rich,

A pic of my Galtee More with smoke defelctors and GN coal rail tender. An absolute bargain of only €99.00 from Seamus Grahams. Great value!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9266[/ATTACH]

now she is an absolute beauty! always loved the class with the deflectors. i wonder what she would look like in irish rail livery?....flying snail on the tender, mabe call her 'deirdre'confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif......enough dreaming - time for work!

Yep, it's a pity modern locos aren't named after racehorses like these were. Nags tend to have wonderful names!

Brown Jack and Gay Crusader???!!!

Why did someone think 'Sandwich' would be a good name? Pretty Polly, can't but think about ladies tights!

If IE/IR tried it there would be mutterings about Galway Race tents/brown envelopes/bloodstock tax breaks.

Edited by minister_for_hardship