Sign in to follow this  
DiveController

21mm Gauge rtr track

Rate this question

Question

Am I correct in thinking there is still no rtr 21mm track to purchase out there? Somehow in my mind I believe I may have hallucinated and confused the new Peco Finescale Code 75 bullhead track for a 21mm release. It'll be a larger layout so I'm ok with larger radius points but there is just no possibility that I’m going to make the track itself in addition to converting all the stock.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by DiveController

3 answers to this question

Fairly sure there is no 21mm rtr out there DC. Be good if it was!

Worth giving Marcway a call (advert in Railway Modeller). They do custom track in all gauges and at reasonable prices. Points will be 30-50% more than Peco, but if you made plain track yourself, it could balance out. I've been very impressed with their service.

Edited by David Holman
  • Like 1

No nothing out there but to be honest once you get into the swing of it,building track isn't to bad,Courtmacsherrys was done over a weekend.ANdy

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 3:09 AM, David Holman said:

Fairly sure there is no 21mm rtr out there DC. Be good if it was!

Worth giving Marcway a call (advert in Railway Modeller). They do custom track in all gauges and at reasonable prices. Points will be 30-50% more than Peco, but if you made plain track yourself, it could balance out. I've been very impressed with their service.

So Marcway will do 21mm track but as a custom order and points at a bit over the odds. Wonder if that that could be a bit keener for a fairly larger order? It's a shame that IRM or one of the manufacturers haven't considered this given the amount of interest in 21mm and the criticism on the site of those still 'on the wrong track'. Actually IRM's stock is easily converted including the new Tara's, I think?