-
Posts
231 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Tractionman
-
Some MM locos in the Rails of Sheffield eBay store eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/206093547934
-
hi folks, I saw this layout for sale on RMWeb, £100+ offers for a dockland based HO layout that I think would work well for an Irish theme: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/198584-fulton-terminal-ho-layout/ No connection, just spotted the opportunity for someone
-
IRM Latest! Hunnypots - Production Sample NIR Hunslets Arrive!
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
such a great combination, I did wonder if a 'set' might be created, with perhaps an enticing combined offer of loco+coaches at the mo all the Enterprise coaches plus Hunslet loco is £820 if I have got my maths right, marketing as a complete set, with an option to buy as one 'collection' would be attractive, especially if there was a wee discount built in! -
Brilliant, that brings a smile to my face hearing that and I don't even run DCC Sound perhaps I should
-
IRM Latest! All Aboard The Enterprise And Matching Hunslets!
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
there's no accounting for taste! -
IRM Latest! All Aboard The Enterprise And Matching Hunslets!
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
I beg to differ! At least in sterling zone, salaries for most have not kept up with inflation at all, and in many areas of employment we have taken a pay cut in real terms, so the spare cash is really just no longer there sadly it's going on fuel, food, and general living. -
IRM Latest! All Aboard The Enterprise And Matching Hunslets!
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
many thanks! ooh now I am getting seriously tempted, they look lovely... -
IRM Latest! All Aboard The Enterprise And Matching Hunslets!
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
they look brilliant, did the set run like this til around 1975 or any later? cheers, Keith -
Irish Railway News ‘Enterprise Watch’
Tractionman replied to IrishTrainScenes's topic in General Chat
Well I stand corrected... I see it is now possible to buy advance tickets and book seats for enterprise services **online** from Translink! Progress -
Irish Railway News ‘Enterprise Watch’
Tractionman replied to IrishTrainScenes's topic in General Chat
fingers crossed for you! we still can't book the Enterprise up here at this end, Translink has no means of doing it, unless it's a first class ticket, so no seats are guaranteed, and likewise bike spaces -
The RPSI do a good job posting on Facebook, if you're on there too, eg https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1CaWFKjShK/
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Irish Railway News ‘Enterprise Watch’
Tractionman replied to IrishTrainScenes's topic in General Chat
Not sure why in particular but I see a fair few media outlets up here reporting on lengthening Enterprise services, I thought this was old news or has something else happened?! -
Yes indeed, happy days! We must have been on those same trains
-
I used to love the RPSI Mincepie Special after Christmas, Belfast--Dublin and return, alas those days are gone
-
that's true, but I reckon it's a passing phase for the ex-BR locos, for those who knew these machines from their childhood spotting days in the '50s and '60s, what will these plates go for when it's their offspring selling them ten years hence or more and no-one apart from us few oddballs have any interest?
-
just looking at the items, some right old tat in there and also some interesting historic stuff, like the UTA rolling stock book. interesting to see how much the posters and paintings are being listed at, is that where the market is? anyway, good luck to those bidding
-
IRM is 10 This Weekend - Come See Us Where It All Began With SDMRC
Tractionman replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
Great stuff, happy birthday! Intriguing, two new somethings I'll be watching with interest cheers, Keith -
https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/park-royal-update-production-underway this has spurred me on to place an order!
-
I'm enjoying my leafing through the book on this sunny Sunday morning, especially drawn to page 23 and a picture of A class 003 with a short train of fuel tanks and bubbles, inspiration. Plus the inside back cover mentions a forthcoming volume 4, in 2026. Excellent
-
Exactly!
-
I was going by the running lights!
-
It's about time but you think they'd got the train running on the right line at least If that's the airport off to the right that train is heading to Bangor!
-
according to their web-site, for postage: Europe Weight based shipping see price on checkout
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)