Jump to content

LNERW1

Members
  • Posts

    723
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by LNERW1

  1. Funny, im reading this sat ~100m from the alignment of the old line just outside the station.
  2. I’ve a question- can I volunteer in July? Family goes to Ballyconeely every summer for at least a month and, apart from a workout schedule for rugby, I don’t have much to do. The biggest potential roadblock here is that I’m only 13. I know my local railway’s minimum volunteering age is 16, but I’m not sure whether that’s law or just their insurance. Be happy to hear back from you as this is a project I am very much interested in.
  3. It might have been on strike- were you making it shunt?
  4. I know who the Rubberbandits are Derek- “Horse Outside” is on my playlist and I listen to Blindboy’s podcast, and I like some of their other songs too. They’d never get away with “Up Da Ra” today, not even a decade later.
  5. Should have mentioned that the clip fell under US fair use (both the creator and Mattel were/are based in the USA) and UK fair dealing. Also, as I’m currently looking at getting into Thomas YouTube, does anyone have the Irish equivalent of those laws? I can’t watch that- YouTube recommended the last episode where (I think) they all die, so it’s entirely ruined for me now… oh, the misery.
  6. Only really pertinent to the thread as they’re in 00 and my other planned 00 layout is probably not happening, but I received what I believe are 2 Mk1s and an LMS 50’ composite, all in BR carmine and cream (that’s the name Hornby used in 2004 and it’s the best name, IMHO).
  7. Ok, lads, here's a new one that I definitely didn't steal from the thread on Casino Model Railway Museum, a Class 165 'Turbo' as a 29000. Doesn't look perfect, but it works. IMO a 170 might work better though. This obviously doesn't take into account carriage lengths, so I'll leave that to the smart people on here.
  8. I was wondering when 29000s got a bladder...
  9. Porter's trolley- not easily scratchbuilt but passable representations can be found in the bags of small detailing pieces that come with Hornby snap-together buildings, and if you just give them a quick coat of green or brown paint they should look fine. Metcalfe makes laser-cut bench kits, with a pack of 4 available for less than a fiver IIRC. If you don't want to buy either, I have a few of each I could send you.
  10. JHB, you are an encyclopaedia. Thank you.
  11. We’ll see…
  12. No clue. Probably just glad of some Transatlantic promotion…
  13. How long have you been waiting to make that joke?
  14. From what I've heard, under very dodgy circumstances too. Basically everyone I've seen mention it has said they had unfulfilled pre-order(s).
  15. Interested, but saving up from summer jobs.
  16. Sorry, should have added- that model of controller is one of the most unreliable, poorly made products I've ever used, but the user experience is fine so I would be interested in getting another one, I'd just be careful with it this time!
  17. By modifications I mean DCC and Kadee couplings. Thanks.
  18. Don’t forget the “adult content creator” who not only flashed the portal causing the final impetus for it to be shut down, but then made a TikTok saying she believed the people of Ireland “deserved to see her lovely potatoes”. On the NYC side. So it wasn’t just us, but I have to admit the 8-year-old giving New York the middle finger was a legend.
  19. As nobody seems to be particularly invested in the tangent, let me just bring the conversation back to its initial focus as well as just bringing it back up to the surface so it’s not forgotten.
  20. Isn’t that literally @Horsetan’s signature? I’m on mobile at the moment so can’t check.
  21. Content deleted, posted in wrong topic, apologies.
  22. Above post is unclear- are you saying it has been sold? If not, any reason for modifications and does the controller pictured work?
  23. Ah go on, buy it… Seriously though, the loco looks to be recently overhauled with modern controls, touchscreens, etc. Hope they find a good home.
  24. This is great to hear, the C&L are doing more than anyone to preserve BnM’s railway history. Not only that, they have so many preserved vehicles that they could open an entire transport museum. The top loco appears to be a Wagonmaster, the bottom a rebuilt one. Went to the C&L just a couple of weeks ago.
  25. I thought I already had. Let me fix that...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use